I spend a lot of time by myself writing, so one of the best parts of my job is getting to speak to students. I am available to speak at schools, libraries, book clubs, PTA meetings, and teen councils.
I like to work closely with each organization and customize my visit. Topics that I frequently address include:
1. The Three Things I Wish I’d Known as a Young Writer
2. The Importance of Pursuing Your Dreams
3. Brainstorming Story Ideas
4. Plotting Your Way Through a Story
5. You choose! If you have a topic you’d like me to cover, just let me know.
6. FAQ- I like to give ample time to take students’ questions and make sure I’m talking about the things they really want to hear about.
If there’s a local bookstore that you like to partner with for author visits, please let me know, as I am always happy to do a signing at the event as well. I do not charge a fee for schools in Sacramento County or in parts of Placer and El Dorado Hills county. For all other schools I will work with you to come up with a fee schedule that works for both of us.
I am also available to chat via Skype for free, which is a great alternative for out-of-area schools who can’t afford to pay travel costs.
If you’d like to schedule a school visit, or a chat via Skype, please email me at jenniferlundquist(at)gmail(dot)com
Looking back now, I wish someone had told me when I was younger that I should pursue my interest in writing. My goal now is to encourage student writers and convince others to give it a try. Who knows? The next JK Rowling may be sitting in your class!