Today I have a great video to share of the Plastic Polly launch party from last weekend, but first I need to announce the winner for last week’s giveaway. Ahem, drumroll, please. And the winner is: Heidi Grange! Heidi, I’ll be in touch soon and will head to the post office this week to drop the books in the mail.
Okay, Launch party. I had an amazing time over the weekend and I wanted to give a wholehearted thank you to everyone who came on Saturday. Out of all the things you could have done on such a beautiful day, I am humbled that you came to mingle and pick up my book.
This is a very quick 2-minute video recap of the signing. If you were there, did you make it in the video? If you subscribe by email or RSS, click here to watch directly on YouTube.
Loved & Spoiled: My husband surprised me by buying t-shirts for family members and a ton of friends. The shirts said “I <3 #plasticpolly”, and it was so special to see 20+ friends and family sporting them.
Some Launch Highlights: I had so many favorite moments during the launch, but here are just a few of them.
- Two very sweet girls made cupcakes, and they even put red hots on the cupcakes in the shape of a “P” in honor of Callie, the main character in my first book Seeing Cinderella, who loves red hots. Thank you girls. That really made my day and means so much to me.
- Loved the T-shirts!
- I had ten family members drive 400 miles one-way to come to the launch. You know who you are. Thank you.
- It was so sweet to talk with some of my younger readers. It’s moments like these that make writing so rewarding. Older readers of course rock too!!
- Barnes & Noble was extremely hospitable. Their staff is truly amazing. They even bought me a drink at Starbucks (it’s the small things). I love that they allowed the launch to be a benefit for the Folsom Cordova foundation too. Kudos to B&N. It’s nice to partner with a bookstore who shares similar charitable interests.
- It was so good to see each and every person and to visit briefly with friends and strangers alike. I could go on and on to list so many conversations and specific ways I felt encouraged and supported by so many.
Can I mention one more thing? I loved the #plasticpolly hashtag on Saturday that was springing up on Twitter. Too cool.
Thank you again to everyone who came out for the book launch. It means a lot that you took time out of your busy day to swing by the bookstore to show support. On top of that, I so appreciate those who have shared about the book online too. I don’t take it for granted to be showered with such support, and I count myself as very blessed.
If you liked this post, subscribe by email (or RSS). Thanks for being here.