Do you listen to music while you work? I usually need peace and quiet to get into my groove, but music definitely still plays a huge role in my life as an author. There are some songs that inspire me personally, others I can imagine in certain scenes or with specific characters, and still more that end up becoming an anthem for me to finish strong. With that being said, I wanted to share two playlists today that have played a role for me in writing The Opal Mask series. I am currently polishing up the second (and final) book in the series, so the first playlist below is definitely fresh in my mind.
OPAL 2: This is the playlist for the second (and still untitled) book in The Opal Mask series.You can check it out below (or here).
1. Roar – Katy Perry
2. You are More – 10th Ave North
3. Burn – Ellie Goulding
4. Brave – Sarah Bareilles
5. If you could see me now- The Script
6. Unwritten – Natasha Bedingfield
The Princess In The Opal Mask playlist: This is the playlist for The Princess in the Opal Mask. Give it a listen below (or here). You can read more about why I chose these songs at the blog of Laurisa White Reyes.
1. Lights – Ellie Goulding
2. Try – P!nk
3. Fighter – Christina Aguilera
4. Girl On Fire – Alicia Keys
5. Somewhere Only We Know – Keane
6. The Second Waltz – Dmitri Shostakovich (Composer)
7. The Sleeping Beauty Waltz – Tchaikovsky (Composer)
8. Divine Romance – Phil Wickham
Question: Do you need absolute silence to work or do you play music? Are there any songs that have been speaking to you lately?